Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tinkyada Rice Pasta Part 2

I have this on my other website but I thought I would post it here too.


Revised on Sunday, May 17, 2009, 6:51 P.M.

Tinkyada rice pasta is SO delicious! It isn't mushy and my family enjoys it a lot. (We'll, my husband has trouble with starches so he can't eat this pasta anymore.) I don't add the salt they say to add while cooking it. I cook a mixture of about 2/3 of a bag of spaghetti and 1/4 of a bag (or so) of elbow for about 25 or 26 minutes (on about medium high heat on the stove). Of course, it would take less time for just one packages (16 ounces). For the penne, I do it for about 18 minutes. I like my pasta a lot more tender than most people do.

Saturday, May 16, 2009, 11:46 P.M.

I forgot to add some things to the above review. After going gluten free, I tried this rice pasta and I could not believe what happened, I was not full or bloated, and my tummy (it's really the small intestines but I always knew it as my "tummy") did not hurt. It was after 35 years of eating gluten wheat pastas and I always thought, "Oh, I'm suppose to feel like this." Well, no you should feel bad after (and while) eating. I'm glad I am gluten free and found this pasta. I highly recommend it and you won't miss eating wheat pastas/noodles.

We had my family over one night for a gluten free meal and I served Spaghetti (the elbow and spaghetti noodles). After dinner, my sister asked what kind of noodles it was and I told her. (My family knows we are gluten free and they were willing to try something new.) Anyways, my sister liked the pasta and it didn't make her feel bad. She said, they haven't (my family) really ate pasta for quite awhile (since they don't enjoy it). Maybe one of these years I'll convince my sister and brother that they need to be gluten free too (since it's genetic and they have the celiac and/or gluten sensitive genes).

We buy the below three rice pastas. All of the pastas (and I think other Tinkyada Rice Pasta) come in a case of 12 . There is even a kind that children would love. It's called Tinkyada Brown Rice Little Dreams. (Go to Tinkyada Rice Pasta -- Part 3 to find those and other pastas.)

Tinkyada Rice Pasta -- Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger